Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Summa, Summa, Summa-time

drivin the tractor at the zoo today

Like I said in my last post, I love summers in Portland and am so looking forward to enjoying a few weeks in a row here. 




The plants are in full bloom, we have enjoyed several pints of home grown blueberries, our zucs are going nuts, the pole beans are ready and the tomatoes are getting red.

The roses are on their second big round of blooms and that is bringing humming birds, butterflies and bees to our garden-I'm luvin' it!  And I can't forget to mention gorgeous sunsets.





I love all the outdoor BBQs and other types of celebrations as well.  We got to celebrate our friend, Heather last weekend at her baby shower.  The theme was baseball as her husband is a coach.
A little picture of her opening the quilt I made for her baby girl.

Forgive me on this video being shakey, but if you want to see a cute toddler enjoying the summer, here you go. :)  I might just be a bit opinionated on the cute part. And you probably are wondering how we ever got such a monstrosity of a plastic toy in our yard-well, I offered to sell it for my work (I am a pediatric occupational therapist) as we did not have room for it, and, well, I guess I didn't need to travel far for a buyer-me.

Enjoy your day and hope you get to enjoy some time outside.  I'm off to research kitchen stuff while the tots sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Was the zoo a zoo? Bahahaha.
    That sunset pic is so pretty!
    My pole beans up and died on me. I have no idea what in the world happened. They started wilting last week and today I ripped them out. Irritating. And I don't have a single zucchini plant this year. Durn.
    Sounds like you're taking full advantage of our short warm season!!!

    ReplyDelete