Monday, December 31, 2012

Bungalow Upstairs Attic Remodel-Interior Inspiration

Steve and I think that we have figured out our finances enough to go through with starting to remodel our upstairs before the new baby comes.  So of course, this means that the research begins.  Of course, I have been "researching"/dabbling in pictures/dreaming about this remodel for the past 6 years.  However, now it is crunch time and I have spent a considerable amount of time researching interior and exterior pictures over the last few weeks.
Now I really need to start calling contractors/architects/figuring out the process so if any of you have any advice, I would love it.  This is all a new frontier for me.  It is scary.  For some reason the bathroom and kitchen weren't a big deal to me as they just involved interior work and one room.  A dormer addition just seems like a lot to take on.
Anyways, here are a bunch of pinterest pictures I have gathered.  They all are gorgeous to me and help me form ideas in my head as to how I would like our upstairs interior to look. 
 Love the use of space!  We surely have enough books to fill a wall!















Love all the beds tucked into little nooks and crannies, the built-ins and use of window space!  I hope we can make something like on of these work somewhere upstairs.

Such a great way to add storage/safety rail at the top of a staircase.  Although I do love the open look of most bungalow railings.

Lusting for a murphy bed!









Storage! Need lots of this.  What a great way to make the most of the small spaces and interesting ceiling lines.

Just love these ceiling lines and the decorating

Probably all of these built-ins would have to be added far after the actual remodel due to cost, I would love to have them planned into the initial design!












2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I love all these pictures. I'm forever dreaming of gaining access to our attic and making it a usable space, so these are all right up my alley! Congrats on the go-ahead. I don't envy the journey, but the destination will make it all worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We are hoping that we can at least get plans drawn up before the babe arrives-we'll see!

      Delete