Tuesday, May 22, 2012

More Stair Research


Now that you know stairs are on my mind again...


via


via



via


via









I have put together a bunch more pictures of Craftsman staircases (with the help of Sharon-thanks :) that do not have winders of any sorts/start in the living room or dining room and go straight up.  Looks like our new stair layout plan could have worked for an original design.  Here is the other "research" I have done.

via

via

via


I also spent some time tracking down a few pictures of how staircases end-as in what kind of newel post is at the bottom of craftsman staircase and how far the bottom stair juts out.
I like this idea for the top of the stairs...the newel post is nice and beefy


Are you like me?  Do you scan google images and pinterest for "research"?  Do you also reference any bunglow book you can get your hands on?  My favorites are the ones by Jane Powell-especially love Bungalow Details: Interior and Bungalow Details: Exterior.  However, right now my fav of hers is probably Bungalow Kitchens-so much great info.

*most of the pictures were find way back when on pinterest or google images so I do not have links.  Also many were from old old issues of Craftsman magazine.  A couple are form Portland's RMLS.  Enjoy!*

No comments:

Post a Comment