Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Weekend Projects-nursery & drapes

Along with digging ditches, I was able to get another couple projects done to get ready for baby and express my creative side.  I finished a baby owl blanket (theme is owls-but not too many, I hate it when baby rooms throw up with a theme) and crib skirt as well as hung some shades in the nursery.  I also bought a toy shelving unit from Ikea that will go in the closet and ordered a rocking chair and ottoman-next weekend, patch concrete and then assembly of the shelving unit.  We still need to get an area rug, hang some decor and switch out some 2 prong for 3 prong plugs for the nursery and then it will be all ready for baby.
 
28 weeks!



Another little project completed last weekend by Steve and I was finally hanging the drapery hardware that I bought on sale at rejuvenation last year and the Peyton Drapes that I also bought when they were on sale at Pottery barn last year.  They need a little reinforcing with screws that are threaded to the end but otherwise, they are looking good and it is nice to have privacy when we want it :)

3 comments:

  1. I love the owl theme idea Skye....and totally agree you don't want the theme to smack you in the face when you walk in the room. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog .This is a cool site and I wanted to post a little note to tell you, good job! Best wishes!!!
    Hexagonal floor Tile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Been taking a little break recently but I plan to be back soon!

      Delete