Friday, September 11, 2009

Score of a find!


Picture from rejuvenation.com website


Found matching knobs at a random antique store in Hillsboro, OR

So this post does not apply to our house, but to my sister and brother-in-laws original 1936 spanish colonial in Long Beach, CA. When they moved in, everything in the house was original as they bought the home from the original owners/builders family. Well, unfortunately one of their rare glass kitchen pulls was broken and my sister (and myself) has now been searchinig far and wide for the matching rare pull. Randomly at an antique store that we decided to stop at as we passed when estate saleing, I happened to browse one of those locked "keep your hands off" glass cabinets and there, on the second to bottom shelf, was the jewel. luckily, I was able to get a hold of my sister and purchase 2 (one for now and another just in case). What a good antiquing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment