Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Feng Shui

For those of you who have kids, you will understand what I am about to say. 
1. Ben slept in until almost 8am on Sunday morning!  Yes! 
2. Steve's bro and bro's wife, Amber, took Ben to the zoo when he woke up from his nap on Sunday until after dinner and we got soooooo soooo sooo much done.  I forgot what doing house projects without a baby/toddler was like.  You, like, actually get something done.  Amazing!

Anyways, on to the Feng Shui. 

While I was busy outside on Sunday afternoon (more on that later this week), Steve was busy trying to prep the kitchen/dining room wall for the built-ins new house.  Anywho, at 6 when Ben, his uncle and auntie returned, Steve's bro was nice enough to help Steve place the built-in in its new hole.
  

Some of the prep work that went into it all.


What our house might look like if it were an open floor plan.  Fun, but so not historically accurate bungalow.



Moving it in.


And the aftermath.  So sad.  Darn that old brittle wood.  The top split a bit in one corner, as did the side bottom area and a piece totally broke off at the very bottom.  Luckily, this appears to be nothing that a little wood glue can't fix.  However, totally devastating at the same time. 

So, anyone know anything about Feng Shui?  I am clueless, care to let me know if this works?

1 comment:

  1. It's going to look so nice! And, yes, darn brittle wood. That's why I don't dare pull my wood stair balusters even though I would really like to... It would be so much easier to strip.

    ReplyDelete