Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Kitchen Inspiration

Happy Valentine's Day!!! 

Hope that you or your honey are cookin' up something sweet in your kitchen tonight.  Steve is making me a surprise dinner and I can't wait!  I am furnishing dessert-some cherry hazelnut chocolate with a chocolate Porter beer to go along!  Yum! 

I have been busy pinning kitchen ideas on Pinterest for quite a while now and am really trying to narrow in on what I want in our kitchen.  I also have a big binder full of ideas for our kitchen that I have pulled out of various magazines over the years.  Another resource is Powell's Bungalow Kitchens as well as Labau's The New Bungalow Kitchen.  I highly recommend both of these books for information on period design as well as inspiration, especially Powell's book.  I have read Bungalow Kitchens front to back several times. 

Here are some inspiration pictures for my dream kitchen, found on Pinterest. 
luv these cabinets and the feel-save money with one tall cabinet made to look like two via

tile to ceiling, baseboard detail around sink, sconces framing sink via

dark grey grout in white kitchen, just like our bathroom.  Also like the cabinets above window but don't think I'll do that via

tile all the way up...also luv the clock via

appliance caddy-NEED, hate stuff all over the counter via

yes please!!! store those baking sheets via

either this or a tilt out via

luv the chalkboard but the hidden micro is even better via

white gas range-too bad viking has terrible reviews via

arch detail on upper cabinets-maybe range hood? via
 
 Random magazine pull outs:
I think this is from This Old House

I think this is from This Old House

broom closet and arch-see below for inside broom closet  I think this is from This Old House


sink baseboard detail, This Old House April 2010

mixer shelf; This Old House May 2006

grey grout, cabinet all the way down to counter top; NW Renovation June/July 2011

"the binder"  where all my tear outs are kept...thank goodness for Pinterest, hopefully this will slowly go away

inside binder, there actually is some organization in here
 From Bungalow Kitchens
hidden vent

terrible sideways pic but the cabinet to the counter sticks out further than the others

hidden micro and tilt out sponge keeper

From The New Bungalow Kitchen
detail  on side of cabinet as well as one tall cabinet with glass and wood and detail at bottom of cabinet

detail piece from upper cabinet to counter top

detail below cabinets

appliance cupboard

cutting board below micro

1 comment: