Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Turkey Day

While we are not hosting thanksgiving this year, I am hoping to help my brother and sister-in-law decorate their table for the big chow down and thanks.  We have a lot to be thankful for and feel so blessed.  I may also add some pretty pieces of paper and nice pens to have people write their thanks on the paper and then they can put them in a nice basket or jar so that we can read them before we eat.

I found some gorgeous and simple and quick ideas for table decorations online that would also be cost free and just use things that you already have around the house. 

Country Living has a number of quick pretty ideas

one of my favorite ideas, bring the outdoors in and pick leaves of all different fall colors...you could write people's names on them with a pretty gold pen


show your thanks with pictures of those you care about... I would tie the names around the tip of the pear with twine so that they would not go bad if we couldn't eat the pears in the next day or so

love the berries and the leaf with the name written on it
A great use of berries....so simple and pretty
Pumpkins

Such a pretty touch of soft green...would go so well with green kitchen tile :)




Napkins
you could use ribbon or scraps of fabric cut really thin

You could use these nuts for decor and then eat them during the holiday season...my mom always had out nuts and nutcrackers over the Christmas season while I was growing up...I deleted this link, oops!





HAPPY THANKSGIVING

No comments:

Post a Comment